What is Google’s ZMOT?
Click to Listen
Integrate Google’s Zero Moment of Truth Strategies for Success in Your Local Business
Consumer behavior today is drastically different from what is was just a few years ago, as customers continue to change the way that they purchase their goods and services. Of course, major online sources have taken notice of this change of behavior, which subsequently alters the way in which companies present information about their products. The Zero Moment of Truth (ZMOT), an eBook published by Google in 2011, seeks to exploit this moment for consumers.
What is the ZMOT?
Due to the Internet revolution and the information available with even a smartphone, it comes as no surprise that online shopping has changed as well. When a consumer views an advertisement for a product, they experience what is now referred to as the zero moment of truth. The basic model is as follows:
- Stimulus – Seeing the product in an advertisement.
- Zero Moment of Truth – Turning to the Internet and other sources for further information.
- First Moment of Truth – Seeing the product for the first time.
- Second Moment of Truth – Experiencing the product for the first time.
How Does ZMOT Affect My Small Business?
A local business is likely to have a relatively small marketing budget, making it essential that all funds are spent wisely. By working with an experienced marketing agency you can have access to all of the most effective strategies to drive your sales at the ZMOT. Doing so will encourage conversions while taking advantage of the options available to you when it comes to incorporating the latest technological advancements into your marketing strategies.
Basic Ways to Make ZMOT Work for Your Small Local Business
While there are several highly specialized ways in which you can take advantage of ZMOT, you will find some of the basic strategies to incorporate the strategy in your business below:
- Take Time to Figure Out the “Zero” Moments – Because your local business is competing with several, larger companies, figuring out what people are searching for can help to define your messaging in compliance with the ZMOT.
- Optimize With ZMOT in Mind – Having a diverse online presence is essential for ZMOT, as potential customers will always be able to find what they want to know, when they need to know it no matter where they are searching for information.
- Find Out What People Want to Know, and Focus on That – When you incorporate commonly asked questions in your ZMOT strategies, your website will be more useful to potential customers, which can also encourage sales.
Take Advantage of ZMOT Strategies for Your Local Business
With so much changing in the marketplace, your local business is best entrusted to the professional guidance of a marketing agency such as Forward Push. With proven results and experience in what makes customers in your specific market convert, your ZMOT strategies can be optimized to ensure that you have what customers are looking for in their ever-important zero moment of truth.
By Marc Apple
Marc Apple is recognized as a leader in the marketing industry and has 20+ years of experience helping businesses of all sizes improve their digital marketing. He specializes in website design, SEO, social media, and paid search programs. He is a frequent contributor to other marketing websites and speaks regularly about marketing to small business owners and startups. To learn about Marc and to contact him, visit his author bio page.
7 Steps to Having a Digital Marketing Plan Workbook
Get actionable tips for how to build your digital marketing strategy so you can grow your brand and your revenue.