What LinkedIn Specifics Should Financial Planners Use?
LinkedIn profiles can be an extremely effective way to market yourself or your business, though it’s important to cater to your particular industry needs. Financial planners, for example, should have different elements on their LinkedIn profile than, say, a web developer. LinkedIn is a resource tool for both networking and research, and it needs to be treated differently than purely social forms of social media or purely job-hunting forms of job sites. Let’s look closer at a specific industry to see how a LinkedIn profile can be tailored to its needs.
In this case, we’ll examine how this professional social network can be optimized by financial planners. Here are six elements every financial planner should include in his or her LinkedIn profile.
1) Strong headline verbiage to grab attention: A headline in a LinkedIn profile is the place to make an immediate impact. Rather than just stating “Financial Planner,” use this space to deliver your value proposition and differentiation points.
2) Professional headshot or logo: By using a professional headshot or logo rather than a cropped personal photo, it immediately delivers the message that you understand the importance of professionalism and presentation.
3) Strong description: Include a comprehensive description that describe your achievements but beware of buzzwords — those can turn off both potential customers and employers.
4) Link to Nerd Wallet profile: Industry-specific profiles matter as much as a LinkedIn Profile. For financial planners, that means linking out to Nerd Wallet to back up credentials.
5) Republishing on LinkedIn Publisher Platform: Whether you’ve got a blog or syndicated articles, LinkedIn is always looking for quality, useful content and their publishing platform delivers while allowing you to demonstrate subject matter expertise.
6) Follow industry guidelines: Because of the industry’s sensitive nature, financial planners should follow strict social media guidelines.
Whether you’re a financial planner or in a different industry, your LinkedIn profile matters. Forward Push’s social media services optimize business potential for LinkedIn and other social media avenues.
By Marc Apple