Marketing Over Coffee Awards Our San Francisco LGBT Campaign
The good folks at Marketing Over Coffee (one of our favorite podcasts) recently handed out the Mugsy awards AKA their marketing awards — and Forward Push Media was honored with the “Best Campaign” Mugsy!
Why is this such a big deal? Not only was it great recognition for our LGBT marketing campaign (Diversity Foundation of San Francisco), but the Marketing Over Coffee folks are among the most respected in the industry. Hosts John Wall and Christopher Penn are big names for anyone involved in marketing:
- John’s marketing work ranges from startups to corporations and his work has been profiled by CBS, Yahoo, the AP, and more. His marketing/news/geek website is Ronin Marketing.
- Chris is a new media leader and teacher (Advanced Social Media, University of San Francisco). In addition to his website, you’ll find him speaking and leading seminars around the country.
Winning a Mugsy doesn’t come with the tabloid-inducing glamour of an Oscar or Grammy, but it’s still a significant acknowledgment in a very competitive field. For marketing awards, it means peer recognition and it also puts us in really good company. Other Mugsy winners include author and strategist Jay Baer and tech innovator Jason Calacanis. Those are some pretty heady names to bump into at a virtual awards reception.
As for the winning entry, it involved the campaign we created for the Diversity Foundation of San Francisco. An LGBT marketing campaign focused on the San Francisco Bay Area, our work involved:
- Brand strategy consultation
- Outreach (email newsletter) to encourage donations
- Monthly content
- Redesigned website to act as an information hub for the LGBT community
We’re thrilled that our work with the Diversity Foundation of San Francisco garnered national recognition. More importantly, it demonstrates that the principles we utilize deliver results and represent best practices. Whether it’s brand strategy, lead generation, or TV spots, we can generate the same kind of results for your business — so contact us today. You never know, your campaign may be in the running for next year’s Mugsy awards!!
By Marc Apple